Internet Marketing Report and Social Media Highlights Newsletter - July 2008
This newsletter will mail out the first week of each month, please visit the link below to opt-in http://lists.pixelhandler.com
‘Bill’s Internet Marketing Report’ - Winning the #1 Search Engine Result for Your Key Phrase
- Strategies and topics relating to the happenings I experience in the race of marketing, publishing and selling on the web.
Having the top result on Google for your main key phrase just feels great! Seriously, in this time of uncertainty, being number one even for a short time is pretty cool. It is also nice when a competitor enters the market and previously held the #1 search result which you now hold.
Search engine optimization : the search query is : noninvasive neuromodulation
- We’re number one! Results 1 - 10 of about 92,500 for noninvasive neuromodulation.
- Mid month the decision is made to update the web site with new terminology
- Take a vacation and violá the search crawler does it’s magic and the result is favorable
- the competitor who previously ranked #1 for the search query was bumped down but still on page one of Google
Recent changes in Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs) for google account holders:
- While logged in to google the SERPs vary based on the same search query
- Fresh/new content ranks higher then seems to drop as newer posts assume the search query’s freshness
- Holding the #1 ranking in the SERP will required continued link building, hence this post!
‘Highlights in Social Media’ - Online Networks for Web Designers and Developers
- The Internet is bringing people together and making connections for personal and professional development. Being involved socially online is a way to build new relationships with like-minded individuals.
Last month I created a Ning network, at refreshoc.ning.com, and as a results was invited to join dezumo.com ; there I joined the conversations on web design and posted a forum topic "What are your favorite sites for inspiration on the topic of Web design?" Dezumo has about 293 members and has been around for about a year while the RefreshOC started a month ago and only has about 18 members. Dezumo is has a larger audience while RefreshOC is targeting a local metro area. Both were kicked off right here in Orange County. I enjoy the conversations on dezumo and am hoping the RefreshOC group will become more active as social networks become more of a source for making connections locally.
On the subject of inspiration for web design I did receive a few responses from the group, I visited the links and found some fresh sites to add to my del.icio.us bookmarks on the topic of design . While a couple people were eager to share links for inspiration sake one designer posted a note to creating new design without being tempted to follow the pack; along with this response were no links but a tip on seeking inspiration from the world around you. I am very fond of this concept of being inspired from life itself, but also find it very valuable to examine successful design concepts. Design techniques that work well should be mimicked, especially for the sake of user experience and usability.
Found on the PodSafeMusicNetwork:
Listen the track titled, The Pain Of Numbers by Get Three Coffins Ready - at the end of the broadcast!